BIOME EXOTICS LLC
PREMIUM TROPICAL/BIO-INOCULATED-ABG MIXTURE - 4 QUARTBIOME EXOTICS LLC
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 20 or above and get 10% off
PREMIUM TROPICAL/BIO-INOCULATED ABG MIXTURE
The ABG mixture was first developed by its namesake, Atlanta, Georgia Botanical Garden. Over the years, this mixture, which has seen many proprietary iterations, has become the standard substrate composition used by many horticulturists and reptile/amphibian enthusiasts all over the world. Biome Exotics has spent a lot of time formulating and testing its preparatory mixture to improve upon its properties with excellent results.
WHAT MAKES OUR ABG MIXTURE SO GOOD?
- By combining very specific ratios of carefully selected media together, we enhance the properties of the substrate. Each of the elements added to the mixture plays a unique role in improving your planted ecosystem, creating more beneficial life and diversity, improving your plant's overall health.
- We add a much larger ratio of New Zealand tree fern fiber to our mixture than many of our competitors because of the excellent amendment properties it adds.
- Our mixture provides excellent drainage properties, so your plant roots do not drown.
- Our premium subtropical/tropical Bio-ABG mixture has balanced water retention properties, so your tropical plants remain well supplied.
- As an added benefit, the mixture also helps maintain humidity, which is important for your tropical reptile/amphibian inhabitants.
- As the mixture ages, it will help retain nutrients, provide disease suppression, and degradation of pollutants.
- The mixture is specifically formulated to be PH balanced, which is important to host the biological diversity of organisms which will multiply over time. These will play an important role in overall root health and the recycling of nutrients.
- Our mixture will resist compaction with a spongy, fibrous consistency, providing air pockets. These air pockets are essential for plant root health as well as allowing bacteria, and Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi, to thrive.
- Biome Exotics adds a very specific leaf litter mixture, which provides natural anti-bacterial properties to the substrate. As the leaves biodegrade and are absorbed into the substrate, they will provide a natural form of protection against harmful bacteria that can multiply around your plant roots.
- Our premium subtropical/tropical Bio-ABG mixture will be long lasting, while maintaining the properties mentioned above.
Each gallon bag (4QT) of Biome Exotics exclusive ABG premium blend will contain accurately measured ratios to provide excellent moisture retention and superb drainage. To assure that the Bio-inoculants and mycorrhizal fungi remain active, each bag of premium Biome Exotics ABG mix is made to order. Before use, the ABG mixture will need to be dampened. Empty the bag into a large clean container and add RO or rain water into the substrate mix until it is evenly moistened.
*Please avoid using city water straight from the tap when preparing your substrate mixtures and watering your plants. Most municipalities don’t soften water in a central location before providing it to your home. City water also contains additives like chlorine and fluoride commonly used by your local municipal treatment plant to make our drinking water safe and to keep your teeth healthy. While they make it safe for humans to drink, these additives will destroy the biological diversity of organisms that play an important role in root health and plant growth. It is best to use rain water, well water, or filtered R.O. water. If those options are not available, you can use a water dechlorinator/conditioner such as "Tetra Aquasafe" or a similar product.
COMPOSITION - The list is in order of largest to smallest / proportions:
- Finely milled New Zealand Milled tree fern fiber.
- Milled sphagnum peat moss.
- New Zealand finely milled Sphagnum Cristatum Moss.
- New Zealand Long Fiber Sphagnum Cristatum Moss.
- 1/8" Fine orchid fir bark.
- 1/4" Medium orchid fir bark.
- Premium leaf litter mixture.
- Premium organic compost mixture w/Worm castings.
- Bio-inoculants (Bacteria).
- Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi.
I bought this mix to use as substrate for my vanilla orchid vines, and I am very pleased with what i received!